Unlike other portals we do not target specific market areas or industries. Businesses will need to provide information to help investors make educated investment decisions (such as a solid business plan, detailed financial projections, and any other documentation that they can provide to help educate the investor), and comply with the new state statute’s requirements.
These requirements include:
- Both the business and investors must be based in the State of Minnesota and willing to sign a representation of such.
- The maximum investment amount in any opportunity is $10,000. The business will dictate the minimum amount they will accept and investment increments. Many opportunities accept as little as $1000 to $2000 as a starting investment. See Current Offerings for details.
- The investor may invest in multiple opportunities.
- Credit cards may not be used to make investments – funds are typically sent via check or wire transfer.
- The maximum a company may raise is $1,000,000 (or up to $2,000,000 if they can meet specific audited historical requirements).
For a detailed overview of the actual state regulations click here
If your business needs funding, can meet these requirements and you wish to further pursue working with us to fund your business please complete the Contact Us form and an FIP representative will contact you shortly.